By Kali Tolfa
I was skeptical at first when I was introduced to the idea of adding spinach, kale and other leafy greens to my delicious peanut butter protein shake, but once I tried it, I was hooked. Green smoothies are a quick and convenient way to get the protein and greens to you need post-workout, or even as a meal replacement.
Here’s what you need:
* 1 whole banana
* 2 handfuls of fresh spinach ( I keep mine in the freezer so it lasts as long as I need)
* 1 Tablespoon of organic peanut Butter, almond Butter, or cashew butter
* 1/2 cup of vanilla greek yogurt (or unsweetened greek yogurt that you can sweeten with stevia, a natural sugar substitute)
* splash of soy milk, unsweetened coconut milk, or almond milk
* Handful of ice cubes
* In blender or juicer, combine all ingredients. Blend the liquids first, slowly adding the solids.
* Blend well!
I like to add a little cinnamon and give it one last blend. The cinnamon adds a nice flavor, as well as helping to speed up your metabolism.